Re: [Freeipmi-users] libipmiconsole examples

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] libipmiconsole examples
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 20:21:26 -0700

Hi Nicholas,

I think you may be confused as to libipmiconsole's purpose.

libipmiconsole is used to create a serial console session with a remote
machine, i.e. like logging into a machine via a serial console session.
So there are no commands, it's only raw text for the fd interface in
libipmiconsole.  It was predominantly written for console managers like
conman and conserver.

Are you looking to do IPMI commands?  Like read sensors or event logs?
That's via the libfreeipmi API.

Al

https://github.com/chu11/freeipmi-mirror/blob/master/libipmiconsole/ipmiconsole.h.in