Re: [Freeipmi-users] Using IPMI on Compulab MintBox

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Using IPMI on Compulab MintBox
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:16:43 -0700

Hi Amos,

It definitely looks like your board does not publish any information
about addresses to communicate on your board.  This isn't the end of
the world, but if the system defaults aren't working (I assume
"ipmi_si", would try defaults, but I can't speak to that.  You'll have
to ask the "openipmi" project about that), it's possible your board
uses non-default device addresses that aren't advertised.

In this case, you just need to get the information from the vendor on
the right addresses to use and set things up with those addresses
specifically.

Al