Re: [Freeipmi-users] Password verification timeout after a BMC/firmware

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Password verification timeout after a BMC/firmware upgrade
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 07:37:37 -0700

Hi Chris,

I will admit I'm at a bit of a loss why it wouldn't work anymore.  I
notice w/ ipmitool below you used `-I lanplus`. The equivalent in
FreeIPMI would be `-D lan_2_0` so that may be worth trying as well
(potentially w/ workaround options too).

My only (potentially stupid) guess is that Intel removed some older
IPMI 1.5 support.  It has known security issues with certain configs,
hard to know for sure without seeing your config.

If the -D `lan_2_0` option doesn't work, could you send me some --debug
output.  I don't know what I'm looking for exactly, but it's a start.

Al