[Freeipmi-users] bmc-info problems

From: Daryl Lautenschlager
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-info problems
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 14:02:01 +0000

I have two questions about bmc-info.

1.       There is a linux command bmc-info and a freeipmi command bmc-info.
When I issue the command is it the linux command or the freeipmi command.

2.       I am using c code for my software, so I use the c code system command
to issue the bmc-info command.    The target system is a SuperMicro  Product ID
2332.   If I issue the bmc-info command from the script I get a return code of
ipmi_ctx_open_outofband_2_0:internal error.    If I issue the same command
manually from a terminal it completes successfully.   To complicate things,
the script works without problems on the target system in my lab, however on a
customer system which is an identical setup it fails.

Do you have any information on what might be causing this.

Daryl Lautenschlager
Engineering Analyst
[liquidcool]
507-535-5835