freesdp-devel

Re: [freesdp-devel] "c=..." parsing...

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [freesdp-devel] "c=..." parsing...
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:29:00 +0100

        Hi, I agree. This is one of the things for which the current
freesdp interface is not complete, and thus a value that should be
decomposed is instead returned as a string. I recall other cases, such
as fsdp_get_media_formats, which returns a string instead of providing
access to an array of integers. Or the m= line port, which can be
specified as '<port>/<number of ports>'.

        We could keep sdp_get_global_conn_address for returning the IP
address string, and add the following functions:

        unsigned char sdp_get_global_conn_address_is_mcast, that says
whether the address is within the multicast range.

        and

        unsigned char sdp_get_global_conn_address_ttl
        unsigned char sdp_get_global_conn_address_count

        Similarly, the formatter should take these parameters as
separate values.

        Also, I would suggest you to follow draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new
rather than rfc2327. In fact, for the few things that the draft
differs from the original rfc, freesdp currently follows the draft.