freesdp-devel

[freesdp-devel] Re: Bestway of using FreeSDP

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: [freesdp-devel] Re: Bestway of using FreeSDP
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:21:28 +0100

        This is a very interesting question, so I have just commited a
new demo to the CVS: modifydemo. Hope it helps, basically, you first
parse a description, and then call the routines in the formatting
module that set values. Note however that there are some important
issues with this way of using FreeSDP:

        1) It will cause a lot of memory leaks (see the implementation
of fsdp_set_information, for instance).

        2) Mandatory fields are currently set through the fsdp_make
routines, and there is no interface to modify them.

        However, FreeSDP should support the way of modifying a
description that is shown in modifydemo, so the two issues above
should be perhaps the primary goal now that the parser and the
formatter are fairly complete.

        Of course, you can parse a description, and build a new one
from scratch extracting -one by one- the values from the first, but I
do not think this is a good solution when you just want to do simple
and common things such as adding a comment/contact info or changing an
IP address or transport port.