freetype-announce

Re: [ft-announce] [ft-devel] ttfautohint 0.4 has been released

From: vern adams
Subject: Re: [ft-announce] [ft-devel] ttfautohint 0.4 has been released
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:05:26 +0100

Thanks Werner.
I will test this tonight :)

Also - i have noticed ttfautohint has limitations when it comes to instructing
very light weighted fonts.
The autohinter is creating instructions that produce much too thin stems. The
uniformity of the stems seems good :) but they are simply too thin and
disappear at below 18-16 px.
Could there be a way to set the autohinter to impose a minimum size of stem
widths, for example??

I will post you screenshots later of the issue.

-v