Re: [Devel] Re: Another approach to mac fonts...

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: Another approach to mac fonts...
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:56:26 -0700

Very nice!  Please do some refinements so that we can incorporate
your patch more easily:
  . Use FT_MAKE_TAG instead of defining FT_Mac_Tag.
  . Use FT_READ_* instead of defining mac_get*.
  . Mark constants bigger than 0xFFFF with `L' (and probably with `U'
  . Don't use tabs. :-)
Done.

It occurs to me that there should probably be some way to turn this on and off so that small footprint users aren't swamped with a bunch of mac code. Probably that means that whereever I say
#ifndef FT_MACINTOSH
it should be replaced with
#if !defined(FT_MACINTOSH) && !defined(FT_SMALL_SYSTEM)

But I suspect you (Werner) will know how to do this better than I, so I have done nothing about it as yet.