[Devel] Unpatented Hinting

From: Stefan Koch
Subject: [Devel] Unpatented Hinting
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:25:46 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

recently I tested the unpatented hinting method. Unlike to the given
Information in the mailing list archive I apparently gain the same quality
by unpatented hinting as with the "full" hinting method with bytecode
interpreter for ALL of my fonts.
Does the quality that can be achieved with the unpatented algorithm has
meanwhile been improved that much?

I've set the following definitions for unpatented hinting:

#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER

and

#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING

in include/freetype/config/ftoption.h

and I pass

FT_PARAM_TAG_UNPATENTED_HINTING

FT_Open_Face()

Is that all or will there be needed something more for activating the
unpatented algorithm?

Regards,
Stefan