Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions
Date: 24 Aug 2005 21:48:55 -0700

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 17:36, address@hidden wrote:
> Thank you for informative references. Do you know any docs to
> know about: which version of MacOS has which functions?
> I'm not sure if FreeType maintainers have enough sparetime to
> support antique MacOSs (System7, MacOS 8 etc), but I think it's
> important which platforms are dropped in next ftmac.c (if there's).
The mac header files, for instance:
/System/Library/CoreServices.frameworks/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/Headers/Files.h
seems to provide this information for each call.

Find the prototype of the call you are interested in, search for
Availability, look for "Non-Carbon CFM". It seems to provide a Mac OS
version number for when the call first appeared.

None of the FSRef calls appear before OS 9.

(Didn't check the font calls)