Re: [ft-devel] FT_FORCE_LIGHT_LCD_FILTER gives default instead of light

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_FORCE_LIGHT_LCD_FILTER gives default instead of light
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:29:58 +0100

Helllo Anders,

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 06:15:50 -0500, "Anders Kaseorg" <address@hidden> said:
> BTW, I notice that weights of the default filter { 0x10, 0x40, 0x70,
> 0x40, 0x10 } sum to 272, while the _ft_lcd_filter_fir code expects a sum
> of 256.  Also, the middle weight should probably be 1/3 of the total, so
> that the color is distributed equally between the three channels.  Maybe
> something like { 17, 68, 86, 68, 17 }?

this is intentional, the filter will cap the result of filtering to the 0..255;
the reason the sum goes to 272 is to provide for very cheap gamma correction,
which tends to slightly improve the result in my opinion (especially at very
low sizes)

but feel free to play with the filter parameters; if you happen to find
one filter that provides better results, we may change the default or add
a new FT_LCD_FILTER_ value for it

Regards,

- David Turner

Hope this helps;