Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction and stem darkening

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction and stem darkening
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:17:00 +0100 (CET)

>> I didn't trace through the code; do I need to do anything special
>> to enable those checksum tests?
>
> Assuming that the family name for subsetted fonts in PDF files is
> not reliable, you should temporarily set `face->family_name' to NULL
> so that the check for the font's family name is skipped, making the
> trickyness check rely on table checksums only.

Uh, oh, this isn't a helpful answer at all, sorry – you can't do that
before FreeType has loaded the face.  To make `FT_Open_Face' skip the
family name test, I would have to add an FT_PARAM_TAG_TRICKY_CHECKSUMS
flag.  This is not a big deal, but I wonder whether it really solves
your issue, so please do some experiments.

    Werner