Re: [ft-devel] Problem in ft2-demo compilation.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problem in ft2-demo compilation.
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 06:37:43 +0200 (CEST)

>> > This
>> >
>> >  make X11_PATH="/usr/include \
>> >                 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/X11/rstart/commands/x11r6"
>> >
>> > worked for me.
>>
>> Thanks.  The latter part looks strange.
>
> You were right, Ubuntu switched to Wayland.  We might need a port.

While this is probably a good idea, Wayland provides an intermediate
layer to handle native X11 applications; the X11 headers thus *must*
be at a location that can be found easily by standard configure
scripts, say.

Parth, your patch is just an ad-hoc solution suitable to your platform
since it brutally overwrites the existing X11 tests (you are using
`:=').  What I've meant with `patch' is a solution that *updates* the
available stuff to handle your system also...

    Werner