[ft-devel] FreeType development cycle

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: [ft-devel] FreeType development cycle
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 01:26:01 +0500

Hi,

I want to inquire about how FreeType devs, whenever they are fixing a bug or adding a new feature, code and test the new additions?

I have the following approach in mind:

- Code the new stuff in the repo
- Write a program (with a `main' function) that will eventually trigger the "newly added" part somehow.
- Use GDB to set a break point on the "newly added" part and then step through it and confirm whether everything works or not.
- Repeat

This approach feels slow because for each new modification, the library as well as the program that uses it will have to be rebuilt. Is this the right approach? Is there a better one? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Moazin