[ft-devel] [Beta, GSoC] Code Style Guide for FreeType

From: armin
Subject: [ft-devel] [Beta, GSoC] Code Style Guide for FreeType
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 10:33:36 +0100

Dear FreeType devs,

Werner and I have put together a style guide for writing C-like code for
FreeType.  By no means is it complete but it should give a quick
introduction into the most important aspects/concepts that differ from other
C-like code.

Please feel free to discuss further aspects that should be mentioned but
also keep in mind that this guide should stay super brief in order for
people to actually READ it ...  knowing that from my own experience -- long
guides are rarely read with great attention ;)

Also, please refrain from discussing details of FreeType's _code style_ as
the style itself is not up for discussion.  It's really just about
reporting/formalising the existing style and helping out people who start
contributing to FreeType.

Best,
Armin