Re: [ft-devel] SVG Rendering Library

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] SVG Rendering Library
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 17:40:35 +0200 (CEST)

> I think we can off-load all of the rendering and the `bitmap_left'
> and `bitmap_top' extraction part to the rendering port.  [...]

Do we really have to get the those values by actually rasterizing the
SVG stuff?  I don't think this was the intention of the SVG
specification in OpenType, since rasterization is slow in general.
IMHO, there *must* be a solution that works without rasterization.

Toshiya-san, could you ask on the OpenType mailing list for
clarification?  This is a generic problem that affects all SVG
rendering libraries.

    Werner