Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 support update and questions

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 support update and questions
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 19:48:12 +0530

> A single font from a TTC collection has no references to the TTC as a
> whole.  So yes, you can completely hide the fact that you are
> processing a TTC.

Great, so I can load only the requested font.

> > Do these `individual' streams function identically to a full `TTC'
> > stream?

This was further clarification to my question, whether creating a
stream with only the requested face would have any difference from
creating a TTC stream. That part is clear to me now.

Another question: How do I access the requested `face index'?
`sfnt_open_font' does not have the information as a parameter, but its
caller (`sfnt_init_face' does have the requested index as
`face_instance_index').

--
Nikhil