[ft-devel] Accessing FT_Stream API

From: armin
Subject: [ft-devel] Accessing FT_Stream API
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 14:42:25 +0100

Hi all,

what's the best way to access `FT_Stream*' from outside of FreeType?

I'm finally building the zipping fuzz targets (GZIP, LZW, and BZIP2) and it
would be suuuper handy to create streams on the fly with
`FT_Stream_OpenMemory' (and release them with `FT_Stream_Close').  As far as
I understand, I need `FT_INTERNAL_STREAM_H' which is defined
`FT_INTERNAL_INTERNAL_H'.

However, I can only use `FT_INTERNAL_INTERNAL_H' with `FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY'
and I think I don't want to set that (no idea what that macro activates but
it cannot be good :D).  As such, I currently include
`freetype/internal/internal.h' manually but it feels hacky;  basically:

#include <freetype/internal/internal.h>
#include FT_INTERNAL_STREAM_H

I guess no one ever needs to work with FreeType like that but is this the
best I can do or is there a nicer way to include the stream API?

Love,
Armin