Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OpenType SVG support to FreeType: Report Week 3

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OpenType SVG support to FreeType: Report Week 3
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:55:25 +0200 (CEST)

> Please find the report for week 3 here:
> https://hackmd.io/@xAHoMwB3QOSJR5L2HGzXGg/Hyk1JtC1S

Thanks!

> *A demo of `ftview' working with OT-SVG fonts*

Very nice!  A minor nit: To both save bandwidth and speed up downloads
I suggest that the next time you are going to demonstrate something
with `script.sh' you fetch *shallow* git clones (i.e., fetching only
the current state from a git repository, skipping the commit history).

I see some sluggishness if many SVG glyphs are rendered.  Maybe you
can check how FreeType's cache mechanism could be extended to not only
hold outlines and bitmaps but SVG glyphs, too.  However, this is
something for the TODO list and should be handled only in case you
have too much timeĀ :-)

    Werner