Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 Support Update

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 Support Update
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 02:10:25 +0530

> > So are you suggesting that `sfwoff2.c' directly output the total
> > number of faces and named instances (if the index is < 0) and exit
> > with error so that FT_Open_Face does not try to read and output this
> > data again?
>
> In case this makes life simpler, please do it!  The alternative as
> described by you seems to be much slower, which probably makes it
> worth to circumvent it.  And maybe you can do some code sharing by
> shuffling stuff around.  However, shuffling is not that important in
> case it would be too cumbersome.

Instead of handling all of this in `woff2_open_font', I have
introduced a new variable in `sfnt_open_font' (woff2_num_faces), and I
use this to set `face->root.num_faces' if the input font is a WOFF2.
(I believe) this solves all the issues. I've implemented this in
commit b25c352. Please take a look.

--
Nikhil