Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 Update

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] WOFF2 Update
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 11:32:35 +0200 (CEST)

> I have improved trace comments and added functions to handle most
> (hopefully all) cases from the WOFF2 recommendation. Please test!

Will do that soon, thanks!

Some minor comments to the code.

* In API header documentation blocks (even the internal ones) please
  replace `foo' with `foo` or 'foo'.  Counterexample: WOFF2_InfoRec.

* Please document all fields even if trivial.  Counterexample:
  WOFF2_InfoRec.

* Please leave an empty line in situations like

    struct FooRec_
    {
       bla;
       bla;
                               <-------
    } FooRec;

  for consistency with existing stuff.

* After variable declarations at the beginning of a (function) block
  please leave two empty lines.

    {
      foo xxx;
      bar yyy;

                               <-------
      do_something;
    }

  Counterexample: Read255UShort.

* Please do

    for ()
    {
    }

  Counterexample: ReadBase128

* We don't use the GNU style that has separate columns for braces.  In
  other words, this

    if (...)
      {
        foo;
      }

  should be

    if (...)
    {
      foo;
    }

  Counterexample: woff2_decompress

* I suggest

    s/check if/check whether/

  (and similar constructions) for consistency with the rest of
  FreeType.  [`If' in such cases is valid, too, but a bit more
  colloquial.]

* A label sticks out two spaces to the right:

      blabla;

    Foo:
      mumble;

  Counterexample: store_loca