Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 16:42:20 +0530

>> You can check out the demo here:
>> https://github.com/preversewharf45/ft2sdf-demo The build process is
>> the same as ft2-demos. The freetype2 library is added as a submodule
>> so use --recursive.
>
> It's actually `--recurse-submodules`..

I think they are both the same. They both do exactly the same thing
for git clone.
The ` --recurse-submodules` was added later to avoid confusion or
something.
https://www.reddit.com/r/git/comments/f26qmf/difference_between_recursive_and_recursesubmodules/

> On GNU/Linux the image is mirrored vertically – do you mean this with
> 'only works properly on Windows'?

No, I was talking about the weird computation differences in linux and
windows which I fixed in this commit:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/commit/?h=anuj-distance-field&id=36e59b55a603c57146ffbf43b4dc93473e3aaa62
The image is upside down in linux maybe because in linux the y = 0
is at the the top which is different from windows. I'll fix it soon while
adding bilinear filtering.

> Besides that: Very nice!

Thank you very much for checking it out.

Anuj