Re: [freetype2] anuj-distance-field d97e060: [sdf] Added total memory al

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: [freetype2] anuj-distance-field d97e060: [sdf] Added total memory allocation log.
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 19:55:43 +0530

> What exactly do you mean with 'memory debug > table'?

I was thinking about the debug table that is used
internally in freetype i.e. 'FT_MemTableRec'. But it is internal to 'ftdbgmem.c'

I tried a lot to use some structure to track the
allocations, but it requires a significant amount
of changes to the existing code, so I'll just
approximate the memory usage and output that.

Thanks,
Anuj

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020, 11:23 AM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

>> I think having a global variable for that is a bad idea, even if it
>> is only active in debugging mode: If you have multiple threads you
>> will get nonsense information.  Isn't it possible to add this
>> variable to one of the existing structures?
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.  I can use the memory debug table if
> it contains the total size allocated?

What exactly do you mean with 'memory debug table'?

> I'll see if I can add it in some existing structure.

OK, thanks.

    Werner