Re: [freetype2] anuj-distance-field fdf4191: [sdf] Added memory tracker.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [freetype2] anuj-distance-field fdf4191: [sdf] Added memory tracker.
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 07:11:51 +0200 (CEST)

> How is this:
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-commit/2020-07/msg00067.html
> ?

Nice!  However, I think it's better to have two versions of
`SFD_ALLOC` and `SFD_FREE` depending on whether debugging is enabled
or not.  There should be zero overhead for the non-debugging case.
Having two versions would also allow to use a function internally so
that you can (a) avoid the `do {} while (0)` construction, and (b)
still use the macro within a conditional.  I imagine something like
the following sketch.

  #ifdef DEBUGGING

    typedef struct SDF_MemoryUser_ { ... } ...

    FT_Pointer
    sdf_alloc(...)
    {
    }