Re: logging support ready for integration into master

From: Priyesh kumar
Subject: Re: logging support ready for integration into master
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 12:46:47 +0530

Hi Werner,
Thanks for doing the additions. The code is looking much cleaner now : D

The updated code is working fine when we are using the `FT2_DEBUG' environment
variable with tags(-v / -t / -vt), but without these tags I am getting corrupted memory
issue with the `features_buf' char array in `src/base/ftdebug.c(ft_log_handler)' on both
Ubuntu and Windows.

In `src/base/ftdebug.c:492' we are updating the `bufp' pointer to point to (features_length-1) th
position but that would point to a wrong memory address if there are no additions in `features_length'
variable.
I am attaching a patch file with a fix : )

Also, the logic to handle the custom log handler is not present in `FT_LOG' macro in
`include/freetype/internal/ftdebug.h', have you removed that feature, or did you missed
to update it?

Thanks,
Priyesh