Re: CFF font with bogus hint

From: Derek B. Noonburg
Subject: Re: CFF font with bogus hint
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:21:07 -0700

On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 08:46:19 -0400
Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Derek
>
> > I'm attaching f2.cff.
>
> Thanks. ‘ftlint 24 f2.cff’ is full of errors 0x0006. Do you mind
> filing an issue on gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype?

Done: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/issues/1180

Regarding the 0x0006 errors - the font is a subset, and I wonder if
the errors are due to a bug in whatever software did the subsetting.  I
didn't run into that problem in my use case, so maybe it only occurs
when trying to render the glyphs that have been removed from the font?
(This is entirely speculation on my part.)

- Derek