Re: ftview segfault on ArefRuqaaInk-Regular.ttf (one of google web fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: ftview segfault on ArefRuqaaInk-Regular.ttf (one of google web fonts)
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 15:09:52 +0000 (UTC)

>> Well, it takes a lot of time if I press, say, F8.  For this
>> operation a cache would help tremendously.
>
> FTC is designed for a limited memory. By the time you fill the
> screen, the top ones are already purged. Then you start from the top
> again, which are already forgotten. FTC is designed to keep an
> alphabet, not the whole unicode.

Hmm.  Then `ftview`'s default cache size should probably be increased
to cover both the number of characters/glyphs in Arabic and Indic
scripts, including (most of) the necessary ligatures.  If I call
`ftview ArefRuqaaInk-Regular.ttf`, a bit more than 200 glyphs are
shown; IMHO this *must* fit into the cache.

Am I missing something?

    Werner