Re: Compiling grx11.o

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: Compiling grx11.o
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 19:31:43 -0400

Hi Ahmet,

Good to hear from you. I doubt that #ifdef TEST might be useful for
you. It has been a dead code for years. What is important is
understanding the basic workflow. Notice that the main() programs
eventually go into do-while(!Process_Event()) loop.
In other words they repeatedly grListenSurface(), which informs if a
key was pressed or a window resized. Then the main program redraws the
canvas and calls grRefreshSurface(), etc, etc, etc.... All this stush
you should not change,

The project is what happens in grListenSurface and grRefreshSurface on
macOS. Of course, X11 and Windows do stuff slightly differently there.
So you might want to familiarize what surface->refresh_rect and
surface->listen_event do on X11 and Windows.

Alexei

--
Alexei A. Podtelezhnikov, PhD