freetype

[ft] Which settings are optimal to use for CRT monitors?

From: Björkebäck Jon
Subject: [ft] Which settings are optimal to use for CRT monitors?
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 08:34:33 +0000

Hi!

Recently I swapped out my LCD screen for a CRT, and I have since struggled to
get truetype-fonts readable in X.

Bitmap fonts are tack sharp (there's nothing wrong with sharpness on my Nokia
445) while truetype-fonts on the other hand are un-baringly blurry.

What settings in free-type can I use to remedy this situation? (I run ubunto
18.04 which means I have freetype 2.8.1 installed)

Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!

/Jon