freetype

Issue rendering fonts with fixed sizes

From: stephan
Subject: Issue rendering fonts with fixed sizes
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 17:05:38 -0800

Hi!

I am trying to render glyphs contained in font files that used fixed sizes or
emojis.

I am currently getting an error “Invalid_Pixel_Size” when using FT_Load_Glyph
or FT_Load_Char.

I am currently testing with the NotoColorEmoji.ttf font.

// Setting the pixel size returns no error since 109 is a size supported by
this font.

m_Error = FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes(m_Face, 109, 109);

// Returns error 36 or Invalid pixel size.

m_Error = FT_Load_Char(m_Face, '😀', FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME);

I presume the above code should work. So perhaps I have some incorrect
configuration / driver that is not enabled?

Regards,

Stephan