fsf-community-team

Re: [fsf-community-team] [inquiry] EC - closed is part of the openness d

From: Jeremy Bennett
Subject: Re: [fsf-community-team] [inquiry] EC - closed is part of the openness definition
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:02:11 +0100

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 16:37 +1300, Simon Bridge wrote:
> There is a tendency to talk about Open Source here but: trouble brewing
> obvious enough for regular journalists to spot...
> http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2878&blogid=14
> ... are members in Europe paying attention to this?
>
> This forum is primarily about reacting - I'd watch the articles that get
> attention around Europe about this so we can respond before this gets
> out of hand?

Simon,

Thanks for the heads up (and thanks to Glyn Moody for the article). It's
easy to miss consultations happening with the European Commission.

My letter to the four European Commissioners who can influence this
policy is open (what else for this subject) and on my website
(http://www.embecosm.com/articles/ear3/eu-digital-agenda.pdf).

I'd urge readers who are based in the EU to also write to these
commissioners and their local MEPs. It's also still possible to comment
on the European Interoperability Strategy for Public Services
(http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7854). Public consultation is
open until 6 April.

Jeremy

--