fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] Ping

From: Brandon Lozza
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] Ping
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 01:42:01 -0400

Hi

I believe I discussed the viability of FSF in Canada and the issue at hand is that there is no point in making a separate branch for Canadians because any donations they make are not tax deductible and would be the same in effect as donating directly to the FSF in the USA.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM, David Henry <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2009-20-09 at 09:11 -0400, Russell McOrmond wrote:
> I still believe an FSF.ca would be very useful.  I'm not thinking
> about
> a GNU project (IE: a group that is authoring software) given I
> believe
> that software is already being written, but an FSF Canada that focuses
> on
> the advocacy and policy work.

I agree.

I keep overextending myself and -- trying to limit the project load --
am only good for a bit of 'relief pitching' for some time.  Probably
measurable in years, I'm afraid.

If some kind of loose advocacy/policy 'team' forms, I'd be happy make
whatever small contribution I can.

And of course, if there is a fsf.ca hat, I'll buy one. <grin>

All the good things,
David Henry