fsfc-private

[Fsfc-private] ninety discriminate

From: Gertie York
Subject: [Fsfc-private] ninety discriminate
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:00:27 +0200

Sweep the starboard ship from stem to stern, I called to Tavia.
The Jhama lies just outside that window Come!
Sleep, andwhen night comes we shall move on. There is no one with whom we can negotiate apeace. Your love has come too late, Sanoma Tora, I said.
As far as Icould see they were coming from the north, from the south and from thewest.
Before I could announce myself I was recognized by a young officer ofmy own umak. Perhaps it is best, she said; her father is a noble andvery rich.
You have been to Jahar; your work today convinces me of that. It has ever been the boast of JohnCarter, Warlord of Barsoom, that he would not start a war.
I was aboutto depart when a messenger came saying that Sanoma Tora wished to seeme.
I think that I am just tired ofbeing always in danger.
She had come quite close to me and spoken in a low voice that nonemight overhear. Turning, I saw a single manmoving across the valley toward us.
Oh, Hadron of Hastor, please do not leave me here withoutyou, she said.
Doubtless we shall never meet again,but I shall see to it that you have a good home in Hastor. Closer and closer the ships of Helium were pressing toward the ships ofJahar. I have been wicked,but it was my vanity and not my heart that sinned. Helium canscarcely pay the debt of gratitude that you have placed upon her today. Oh, Hadron of Hastor, please do not leave me here withoutyou, she said.
I cannot risk you further, Tavia, I said. That puts an end to this place, I said to Tavia, telling her what Ihad seen.