fsfc-private

[Fsfc-private] round trip awaken

From: Samson Hartley
Subject: [Fsfc-private] round trip awaken
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:54:21 +0300

Itsaction anyway, and thats easier for me than waiting. That night Utlaw came up to Adams room before going to bed.
He commanded my battalion, and hes given me some finedays fishing on his water at the Court. There was that in Amoss eye which made Adam ask if he had everbeen himself in the same predicament. England wants a darned lot of understanding, and youhadnt the patience to learn. IntoMarrishs glazed eyes there came gleams of reminiscence, and nowand then a flicker of assent.
It has poisoned yourblood and choked your lungs.
Its vicar had recently died, and at the moment theliving was vacant.
Marrish was sitting humped upwith eyes like a sick dogs. Theyre scarcely out of thenursery, you know.
The way to it was laid down nineteenhundred years ago, and it is still open. Her protective, possessing eyes followedUtlaw with an ardent affection. One Saturday afternoon Adam was bidden to tea in the roomsdownstairs.
Theresower muckle fire in his heid to want alcohol.
There waslittle comfort and not much decency. Leisures no use to him unless he is fitted tomake something out of it.
But I mean, a cold-blooded affair like this? Once I can see the idiocy of afellow and laugh at him I know Ive got him in my hand.
Marrish stared at him for a moment, and then extended an unwillinghand. Ivemade it my job to see something o the body, and, I tell ye,theres murder in his een. Oh, by the way, brother Frank iscoming here soon to preach. Theyre all penniless, and they all want to get married at once. One man with faith can move mountains, butthree might be an Army of the Lord.
After that theymay lock him up or hang him, but the mischief will be done.
Marrish was sitting humped upwith eyes like a sick dogs.
Theyve a better life than their fathers had who were in the samejob.
I want to be a gadfly to sting honestlethargy into thought.
That will come, for the whole system is rotten.
The parson town-councillor replied to one of Franks questionsabout housing.
He had been sittingon the table dangling his legs, and he now stood up before the gasfire.
Too much of that kind of dirt is bad for the humanspirit.
He ignored Marrish utterly and examined the little weapon.
So I havesimply ignored the whole thing and led my ordinary life.
Its no likely Ill have a very cheerymornin.