fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future FS Manchester Meeting Brainstorm

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Future FS Manchester Meeting Brainstorm
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:51:15 +0000

On 27/11/2007, Peter Colton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I found the lecture by Eben Moglen about the ethic of digital data a
> interesting subject for a talk or view the video at a meeting and talk
> after ? or view at home and talk on the list ?
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/EbenMoglenLectureEdinburghJune2007StreamingVideo384kbits

Hi Peter,
I've watched that presentation; it is quite a rousing presentation.
I'm not sure anyone [on this list] would disagree with anything that
Eben has said.
This creates a small problem when debating it.

I wonder what (video recorded) presentation(s) or seminars, people
would recommend to people who were relative novices to Free Software,
or even computers.

Anyone know "easy listening", Free Software lectures.
I don't want these for myself, but I need something to show members of
my family which isn't a really heavy thing like Ebens, which much as I
love it, isn't something the *average* person can listen to or watch
easily.

RMS did one at "Gnubies" but having watched it, it isn't too much
dissimilar to his regular one.

I'm not suggesting watering down anything, before i get flamed by
fundamentalists.

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----