fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Webcast tester needed

From: Peter Colton
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Webcast tester needed
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:50:22 +0000

        Hello all,

I been playing around in that Goodie box of free software and bingo.
I set up a streaming audio server, internet radio.
The audio streaming server is icecast2 and the client I feed this remote
server with is ices2.

I will be broadcasting this Monday 10.3.08 evening from 7.30 to 10.30.
This is why I need tester to check out the audio stream. This would let
me monitor the icecast2 server load and the server uplink to the
internet. The audio stream will be about 60 Kbits or 80 Kbits. The
broadcast will be a rerun of a Democracynow show "Thursday, February 21,
2008"
#
This media is licensed by creative commons and is shareable.
#
http://www.democracynow.org/shows/2008/2/21

This technology could be very use full for our campaign group. We be
able to internet audio broadcast a speaker talk live! These talk could
all so introduce interaction with the quest speaker by internet chat.

The webcast user could all so rip the broadcast them self by the means
of streamripper.

A idea we could have a broadcast that is a introduction for "community
campaign group in Manchester" to a webcast conformance.
All that would be needed by these people to see this technology in
operation is a computer that connected to the internet. So they could
listen to a live audio broadcast and use internet chat to communicate
with conference central. These groups could send a person to the
broadcast. This gathering would in my a pinion be best served in a
informal manner, a salon. The community campaigner that where present at
the broadcast could DJ a few tunes. To put the point over they could
then phone some one that listening to the webcast stream.

Webcast info:

# feed the web address below into your audio player on the night.

http://bissybox.com:8000/sfuk-webcast.ogg

# or visit the webcast home page and pick up the .m3u file and open that
# with your audio player

http://bissybox.com:8000/

        Regards: peter

--