fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Free Software - Meeting before talk

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Manchester Free Software - Meeting before talk
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:00:47 +0100

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:43:29AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> That sounds like the people who can't make this meeting at short
> notice won't be able to influence whether they can make the next
> meeting at longer notice.

We’re improving.  The last meeting after Alex Hudson’s talk was a rather
ad-hoc “hey, let’s talk about where we’re taking Manchester Free
Software” that I didn’t know about before then (although I had heard
rumour).

The agenda, and the fact that a formal meeting was happening on the day
was on the wiki for some time as I was drafting it.  The timing was
changed at pretty much the last minute after discussion in #fsuk[1] and
confirmation that all those _necessary_ for the meeting, i.e. those
leading agenda items or had otherwise stated they wanted to put forward
some issues for agenda items for the next meeting, would be able to
attend.

[1]: irc://irc.freenode.net/fsuk

Simon
--
Email: address@hidden | Jabber ID: address@hidden
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved