fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Discussion on list

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Discussion on list
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 23:29:02 +0100

Simon Ward wrote:
The list is for discussion, and this discussion isn’t going in circles,
or getting agressive, and I wouldn’t consider it off topic.

I have to agree with Simon really. What is it that you find unnecessary? Simply the level of traffic or the content - perhaps you would like to elaborate a little?

You’re not the only person to be annoyed by the amount of mail received
via the list, another suggesting that announcements and news would be
okay, so…

How about moving to two lists?

  * fsuk-manchester-announce - announcements; they need not be just
    about Manchester Free Software, but should be related to the issues
    we cover, moderated, low traffic.

  * fsuk-manchester-discuss - general discussion on free software and
    related issues.  Essentially what fsuk-manchester is now.

I actually disprove of this model. I have seen several communities where this is the case, and I don't think it really works how a community should.

--
www.tdobson.net
----