fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] open and free software

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] open and free software
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 14:50:27 +0100

aidy lewis wrote:
Hi,

What essentially is the difference between open and free software?

Have a read of <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html>. But essentially: "Open source is a development methodology; free software is a social movement."

Can we make a comparison of open and closed sourced software where
with one we cannot read the source-code?