fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: thanks for the weekend!

From: Lucy
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: thanks for the weekend!
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:15:20 +0100

I thought people would be interested to hear how the Arcspace
Futuresonic fringe event went.

Manchester Free Software were around from 12-4pm to provide
information and advice to people who about free software. We also
helped supervise the cluster computers, which provided people with
free Internet access (and not so free flash games :/).

Both myself and Leslie spoke to a number of people who were interested
in either using free software for the first time or who wanted to
learn how to make better use of it. I was surprised by the number and
variety of people who were actually already using free software, but
who weren't involved in or aware of groups in the area that could help
them. Overall, it was a very good day.

There's an email from the organiser Vicky Sinclair with some further
information below. In particular, there's some ideas for how we could
move forward. I would very much be interested in ideas or suggestions
from people and especially interested in hearing from people who would
be interested in helping out.

Thanks!

Lucy

p.s. Due to me putting some stickers on an easy to reach table there
may now be a large number of children in Hulme with the words
'GNU/Linux Inside' and 'Warning: Contains DRM' on them..