fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] SFD09 – The final call for v olunteers

From: Leslie I'Anson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] SFD09 – The final call for v olunteers
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:15:54 +0100

On 17/09/2009, Robert Burrell Donkin <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Simon Ward <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:26:37PM +0100, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>> given the progress made on breaking SHA-1[3], i'm very keen to swap my
>>> new openpgp code signing key with others in the FOSS web of trust. if
>>> there are people interested, i'd be happy to do key signing party (if
>>> there isn't one already) or talk people through how to set up GnuPG[4]
>>> to generate strong keys and strong links in the WOT[4][5].
>>
>> I’m happy to join in and help with this.
>
> cool :-)
>
> what's be the best way to get organised? are there enough people with
> keys to do a formal party? or would something ad hoc be better?
>
> - robert

My advice would be to hold a workshop (or two) first. Then numbers
won't be so much of a problem.

On proposal would be:-

Workshop 1 - Introduction to the technology and tools, etc. (ie. theory + demo)
Workshop 2 - Generating keys, etc. (ie.putting theory into practice)
Reward - Key signing "party" (ie. lots of people we new keys to sign)

Just an idea.

Regards,
Leslie