fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: Manchester Free Software Talk - Michael Dor

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [Fwd: Manchester Free Software Talk - Michael Dorrington : 100% free software gaming: No cheating! - Tuesday 19th January]
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:55:54 +0000 (GMT)

Jonathan Davis <address@hidden>
> 2010/1/18 Michael Dorrington <address@hidden>
> > Michael will be demonstrating 100% free software graphical games on 100%
> > free software system. There are lots of free software graphical games.
[...]
> Many thanks to Michael for his excellent talk, highly entertaining. As Tim
> mentioned, Frets on Fire [1] [2] is definitely worth checking out.
>
> [1] http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/
> [2] http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/screenshots/

There was a problem with adding this game to debian because its songs
were not 100% free software.  I think some free software songs were
found for it, but I can't tell if the official site has the free songs
or still restricted songs by Tommi.  Anyone know?

If not, it would be safer to install the debian package than the
sourceforge download.

Curious,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software