fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Re: Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 44, Issue 18

From: Anna Morris
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Fsuk-manchester Digest, Vol 44, Issue 18
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:10:05 +0000

I did miss the 22/02 edition. I suspect that the idiotic iPlayer is used because its easier for them to put it in the same places as all the other programmes, even if it is different some way. Its also much easier for me to pick it up when I have time and watch it. I like iPlayer. Its a step forward for me as a viewer. And I don't need to pay my licence.....

I hope you missed the 22/02/2011 edition where Linux was mentioned
in a rather patronising manner!

Using the idiotic player (iplayer) for Click is particularly annoying
because it's sent as a simple mpegts stream to all of the UK several
times a week - what the mainstream calls digital TV - so why all the
stupidity online?  So anyone can record the above show once more at
03:30 Thursday on BBC News Channel without needing non-free software.

Just Click used to be available in something easier to play (intended
for mobile phones?) but I can't find the link any more.

Regards,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/