fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Best Dropbox alternative?

From: allcoms
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Best Dropbox alternative?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:38:12 +0100

So what is the best, pref. all FOSS now, Dropbox alternative?

I had a bit of a search for an alternative today and about the best I could find was this:

https://spideroak.com/

Like DB, you get 2GB space for free and although the client isn't foss yet they provide packages for the popular distros and they do intend to release the source - apparently they're still looking into licenses.

Any real alternative should also provide 2GB of space for free to stop that complaint/ comparison dead in its tracks.

Thanks!

Dan