fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] looking for debian developers in manchester to sig

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] looking for debian developers in manchester to sign my key
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:17:23 +0000

On 20/02/12 12:49, peter green wrote:
> On 20/02/2012 12:24, Michael Dorrington wrote:
>> I'm not sure if there will be any DDs at the meeting. I would
>> especially like some DDs to attend this meeting so they can give their
>> advice and experience on git, the topic of the meeting talk.
> Am I correct in thinking that you are currently in the process of
> applying to become a dd?

Yes.

> if so could you sign my key? it won't be immediately useful but if you
> make it to dd while
> i'm still trying to collect signatures it could be useful. Plus I
> understand that it is good to
> strengthen the web of trust in general.

My general rule is to only sign people that I know (and so know who they
are) rather than people just having "ID".  This is nothing specific to
you.  Though interestingly, signing defaults to level 0 which "means you
make no particular claim as  to  how  carefully you verified the key."!
 Quite what use that is I don't know.  Perhaps Simon Ward or Robert
Burrell Donkin might be able to shed more light on this.

>> Peter, even if there are no DDs going to be present at the meeting, I
>> would really appreciate your presence and it would be great to have a
>> chat in the pub afterwards about Debian.
> Thanks, i'll do my best to come.

Great.

> Do you have any pictures of the outside of the madlab? I've been looking
> on google streetview but have not been able to positively identify it.

Madlab didn't have a sign until recently.  It does have a sign now above
the shutters saying "Manchester Digital Laboratory" in a metal finish, IIRC.

* Location: Madlab. (Manchester Digital Laboratory).
* Address: 36-40 Edge Street, Manchester. M4 1HN.
"(Between Thomas St and the Craft Centre, opposite A Bar Called Common)"
  http://madlab.org.uk/