fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 15:23:48 +0000

On 2013-03-07 14:21, Sam Tuke wrote:

This discussion began as an invitation to participate in a
Free Software related event. Every message since has been about
exuding people from participating.

The Free Software movement is about inclusivity, not exclusivity.
That's what the four freedoms are all about.

I think it's important to exclude efforts to harm the freedom of users from the MFS mailing list and for that matter, from the Free Software movement in general. To welcome and include efforts to harm users' freedoms is to undermine our own efforts.

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }