fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:15:01 +0000

The issue we were focussed on is the provision of instructions on how to install non-free software and the fact that there are users like myself who do not want to encounter such instructions, and the fact that those instructions explicitly contradict the FSF Guidelines.

I stated that the inclusion of any instructions at all implies that following those instructions is OK. You gave examples where providing an explanation of how an action can be performed did not imply that performing that action was OK. I pointed out that providing an explanation and providing instructions were not the same thing.

The examples you gave do not contradict my assertion that inclusion of *instructions* implies following those instructions is OK.