ftba-devel

[Ftba-devel] stratum retard

From: Frances Ballard
Subject: [Ftba-devel] stratum retard
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:11:46 -0000

Ilse still gave no sign of feeling it; but then,somehow, she was seldom alone with Ilse now.
She hadhalf an hour yet before it was necessary to go to the school.
Your verses have the true ring and we shall beglad to see more of your work. Evelyn laughedher malicious little laugh.
Ill find out who did it yet, said Emily darkly, and MAKE AuntRuth give in. Such high-falutin language is very foolish, sniffed Aunt Ruth. But what fun she and Cousin Jimmy would haveselecting the seeds!
Ilse is very popular with the boys, said Emily, who knew thatEvelyn wanted to be.
On and on she flitted to the crest of the hill. Were you out driving with MarshOrde one night last week? The author, I said laughing, is Emily Byrd Starr. Oh, Tom doesnt look on ME as an outsider.
No, said Emily resentfully, sensing something fearfully wrongsomewhere.
Dont show your disappointment so plainly, CHILD, she said. But Imight as well have scolded the Wind Woman.
When I heard it I wasnt abit mad any more.
Aunt Ruth and I had an hours seance with salt and vinegar.
Garden, hislandlady, has an interesting cat who made certain advances to me.
Shed do anythingand she was in the hall when I was flourishing the crayon.
Dont show your disappointment so plainly, CHILD, she said.
And Evelyn CONDOLED with me before the whole roomful of girlsbecause MY poem hadnt been taken. Emily felt that nothing could havebeen more welcome than one of Ilses stormy rages.
When Aunt Ruth came home she asked, Well, how did you and Andrewget along? MakeAndrew bring you home not later than twelve.
She took mymatches, lighted her candle, and marched me upstairs.
Sounds like him, was Aunt Ruths contemptuous agreement.
Emily sighed with relief as Evelyn took her departure.
But why was she so confused and shamefaced?
She went to the Shoppe with Kate and meand we left her there. Had Ilse taken thatabominable way of curing her? Do you mean to tell meyou went into class with THAT on your face?
Marys a decent sort though sheisnt exciting.
Ilse still gave no sign of feeling it; but then,somehow, she was seldom alone with Ilse now.
There MUST have been a quart to have made the mess it did. Tom said it wasnthalf bad but of course not up to The Quills standard.
If Mary here werentso good I wouldnt be half as bad. Sounds like him, was Aunt Ruths contemptuous agreement.