ftba-devel

[Ftba-devel] acrimony

From: Israel Pennington
Subject: [Ftba-devel] acrimony
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:07:38 +0530

So they tied the horses up and spent the afternoon chipping lumpsoff the
outcrop.
But Cabell held back froma dangerous game.
He was a bank clerk on thirty bob a week, and she was Sir SomebodySomethings
daughter.
Reassured theydropped off to sleep again.
Let us get rid of a thousand while the sellings good.
The ferns,palms, and maidenhair were gone.
Saw her in a theatre onenight and fell in love. But it might be better if
youdid think of money just as money, I mean. A week ago a pick and shovelwould
have brought twenty-five shillings the set.
You werent thinking of navvying in this sweat-house, were you?
Cabell turned stiffly away and met the eyes of Sambo, modestlydrunk behind a
heap of bottles.
Sambo twisted his handkerchief like a garrot round his neck. I remember when
hed never seen a two-story house, andnow . You wouldnt catch himswinging a pick
after gold that mightnt be there. Cabell recognized the man who had given him a
cup of teawhen he was riding up from Pykes Crossing.
Their sluices and cradleshad disappeared too and their shafts were flooded. He
leant forward and touchedCabells knee.
A thousand blessings go with ye, an old womancalled.
That makes two thousand five hundred on the market.
Then Ill get married and have a bloke come in andshave me every day and