ftba-devel

[Ftba-devel] falsify

From: Minnie Werner
Subject: [Ftba-devel] falsify
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:05:56 +0800

Among ants that keep cattle we mustdistinguish two or even three groups. There are humanscientists who make us ants the special object of their studies.
Whatever happened, to us it came as asurprise. So we preferred to re-establish the normal functioningof our perceptions before we went out. The weather had cleared; and a magnificent half-moon stood high inthe sky.
Now one night he forgotto touch that button when he left after having milked his cows. Inless than a second my dear friend and one of the greatest scholarsliving was reduced to pulp. But one evening we had a strange adventure with ants. Such was our lamentable exit from this farm of man.
The pigcollapsed; its legs went rigid, though still atremble. This time she succeeded in stingingthe tongue and in injecting a plentiful dose of formic acid.
Our investigations showed that theyhave learned to extract from this source all it will yield.
I saw the antennæ of the strangerjerking and knew at once that our difficulty was solved. What pleased us was thealmost formicarian way of his intercourse with the animals.
But occasionally we disturbed theseaphidicoles inadvertently, as, f.
The stranger sawthrough her artifice and was pleased.
The pigcollapsed; its legs went rigid, though still atremble. These he could induce at will toemit an almost blinding radiance.
I must explain that this man had mysterious means of lighting hisbarn at night.
A closer examination, however, revealed that not all of thisexpanse was solid rock. Our investigations showed that theyhave learned to extract from this source all it will yield.
He was armed with all sorts of weapons, forceps, transparentcylinders, bags, boxes, and trowels. So far, the days were still fine, though the nights became rapidlycolder.
Such was our lamentable exit from this farm of man.
In the burrow, there was the utmost confusion. The stranger sawthrough her artifice and was pleased. Naturally, Assa-ree had toremain with them; and to my surprise she submitted without amurmur.
I should willingly have parted with the wholearmy if I could have recalled her to life.
In the first place, this record is tobe a birds-eye view of the whole of antdom.
Beyond, we again entered a sloping gallery which again opened intoa vaulted chamber. Besides, a large flock of huge birds of the gallinaceous orderroamed freely over all chambers.
This was the landmark which the Solenopsis queen had given me.
Life ebbed; the joints relaxed;the brute lay limp. This was terrible news indeed; and we sat silent when she hadended. In these northern latitudes there are few ants whodo not at least occasionally partake of them. At regular intervals huge, white, bulb-like fire-flies were fixed to the ceiling.
Again a generalization is indicated here. Naturally, the proceedings were started by Her Majesty who asked meto give an account of ourselves.